Thursday, September 10, 2015

Book Reviews and Stocking Up

You know when you are starting out or adding to your long term storage supplies for Emergencies please don't forget the obvious things like toilet paper, dish soap, laundry detergent and light bulbs. We all know or can get list of medications and what food to store but the above mentioned items are often forgotten.



Well today I made a trip to our local Grocery Outlet store to get some of those things. I try to shop for groceries just like I do everything else. Outlets, Dent and Dings, Warehouse stores and any other local wholesale places like Aldi's. I remembered to take my farm bags to load my groceries in too and for me that is awesome because I sometimes forget them.



You can find some great deals as long as you do your research. For instance I got 8 boxes of Rosemary crackers for 50 cents! I also got bleach for 39 cents a bottle. A lot of different canned goods for 40 cents to 69 cents.



After getting home and unloading everything in the rain, yes it's finally raining here thank goodness, I checked the mail and found one book I'd ordered called Prepper's Long-Term Survival Guide by Jim Cobb. I just got started reading it but I like the way it is laid out so far. I'll let you know more after I'm finished with it.


As I started on it I heard a truck out at the gate so I went to look. It was Fed-ex with another book that I've been waiting to get called Butchering by Adam Danforth. This book is a must have for all homesteaders. It is all about how to butcher small animals including rabbits. It is well written in simple language with tons of pictures.


Here are some great links to find food in bulk which is another great way to save money while stocking up on what you need.

1. Little House Living has a good list.
2. Bulk Apothecary is another good place to check.


Have you added to your stash lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time from your day to stop by and leave your thoughts on our life.