Saturday, August 1, 2015

Healthy Weight

For years I was a professional wait-er. Yes that is spelled right. My family is Military so I waited for phone calls, in lines at the bank, commissary, post office, almost everywhere on base, for letters, to get a few minutes to Skype with them but most of all I waited for them to come home safely.




On more occasions than I care to remember that didn't happen so I waited some more. For the medical updates, for the plane bringing them home, outside surgery and recovery rooms. All the while trying to live some kind of normal life. I really never took enough time to care for myself.



I got heavier and heavier then high blood pressure followed. One day I decided it was time to start fixing my health. I started walking and eating way better. I walked all over the place until one day while walking around the polo grounds I stepped in a hole and almost tore me ankle off.  I spent the better part of a year in a cast not being able to do much so got even heavier. The photo below is me at my heaviest. 265 pounds!


After healing, working hard and eating right my doctor and I figured out that my metabolism had basically slowed to a crawl so we made the decision that I should have weight loss surgery because nothing else was working. That is just what I did. One year and 85 pounds gone I feel so much better. I'm back to hiking and riding my wonderful horse Butterfinger.  


Our family has always tried to be conscious of the earth and helping to take care of it but getting better myself has really renewed my passion for it. Hence the no plastic, less trash voyage. If you have any questions about the surgery or aftermath, please Email me or comment below. How do you take care of yourself? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time from your day to stop by and leave your thoughts on our life.