Thursday, November 19, 2015

Real Savings for Veterans

I am a veteran's wife and mother. My husband is a retired disabled veteran and one of my son's is also a disabled veteran so I have some insight into the financial side of their lives. Money is always an issue. The military doesn't pay huge amounts so you have to learn how and where to save whenever you can.

Recently I was searching for a way to lower some of our bills especially the phone service I use. I had an iPhone on Verizon and yes they do give a military discount but the bill was still over $60 per month!  I found an amazing company that is run by a Marine. Republic Wireless.

Headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina, Republic Wireless is an innovative new mobile provider, spearheading a wireless freedom movement to return value and control of the smartphone experience to its members. Leveraging the power of the Internet and an engaged community of users, Republic Wireless offers data, talk and text service starting as low as $5 per month, with no contract.

Is Republic right for me? Smartphone plans starting as low as $5 per month.

"Military service isn’t an afterthought here – our CEO, David Morken, served in the US Marine Corp, and it isn’t unusual to see him leaving the office early to welcome home family members on active duty. Many team members and our loved ones proudly serve or have served in one form or another in the US Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, and the Coast Guard."

The service is amazing and starts at only $5 per month and they pay you back for any data you don't use! What other company can say that? Basically they use the cell towers then switch to WiFi whenever is available. No one can get service where I live but since going with Republic I have no problems having a signal here now and did I mention I love the phone!

No contract Moto X from Republic Wireless. Plans starting as low as $5/month

I bought the Moto X 2nd Gen and it's wonderful. The camera takes great photos and it has tons of features. I use it more than my tablet now for everything. I got $1.44 back after my first month using it and I'm sure I'll get even more this month. The quality of service is great. No dropped calls and quick downloads. Plenty of help of you need it too. I subscribe to their newsletter and learn new tricks with each one.

To find more ways to save you may want to drop by The Military Wallet. They have a lot of resources, articles, podcasts and more to help you manage your money and the person who started it works with Republic Wireless also.

Republic says, "As such, we are so excited to work with Ryan Guina, the tireless blogger and podcaster behind TheMilitaryWallet.com. Ryan served on active duty in the US Air Force and is currently serving in the IL Air National Guard. He has dedicated a good portion of his time since leaving active duty military life to helping the military community better manage money and understand the variety of programs and benefits available to them. As Veteran’s Day draws closer, Ryan doubles down and spends hours and hours compiling all the restaurants and companies who want to thank our veteran’s by providing them with discounts or a free meal."

Where do you go for financial help and advice? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time from your day to stop by and leave your thoughts on our life.